This year, nearly 60% of holiday shoppers plan to participate in Small Business Saturday. Are you one of them? As a small business ourselves, AquaTru wants to remind you to shop small this Saturday, November 25. Below, we’ll highlight why small is better and share one of our favorite, local small businesses, Head Spa En.
Why Small Business Shopping Matters
Tucked in between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we have Small Business Saturday, an opportunity for consumers to support small, local businesses. Taking place during what’s traditionally the busiest shopping period of the season, Small Business Saturday provides an opportunity to uplift smaller enterprises, as opposed to big retailers.
Because an average of 197 million Americans shop between Thanksgiving Day and Cyber Monday, this can provide support to businesses that have struggled following the pandemic or are looking to grow and expand, but don’t have the capital to do so. Even better, it can boost the local economy and provide jobs.
Truly gifts that keep on giving, doing holiday shopping on Small Business Saturday helps you find that perfect something for your loved ones and support your local community. When local businesses are supported, 67 cents from every dollar can stay in your community. Compared with larger enterprises, small businesses are significantly more likely to support community causes and local nonprofits, too.
In 2022, sales from this shopping holiday reached an all-time high: 23.3 billion.There are a few things we can all do to top that amount this year—sometimes without even spending a dollar.
5 ways you can support small businesses
- Take the time to leave reviews. Platforms like Yelp, Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter provide ample opportunities to show your favorite small businesses some love.
- Embrace the magic of word of mouth. Without massive advertising budgets, many small and local businesses rely on people like you to spread the word about their goods and services.
- Go for a walk. How often do you walk the streets of your local town or city? This Saturday, grab a coffee or hot chocolate (from a small, local cafe) and hit the streets. Window shopping will likely introduce you to a new-to-you local business.
- Order takeout directly. To fuel all of your holiday shopping, avoid third party apps when ordering a snack or meal from your favorite restaurant or cafe as they take a significant cut of the purchase. Instead, use their website directly, or place an order over the phone.
- Buy gift cards. Our favorite last-minute gift purchases also happen to be some of the most practical, as they’re more likely to actually be used. Look for local businesses in your loved one’s area and surprise them with a gift card.
AquaTru Interview with Small Business Owner, Sayuri
Check out local small business owner Sayuri Tsuchitani, who owns and operates Head Spa En in Los Angeles. She uses AquaTru Under Sink purifiers in both of her salon locations. We spoke to Sayuri about why pure, healthy water is important to her business!
1. What is Head Spa En?
Headspa EN focuses on head massage treatments that blend Eastern holistic techniques, such as Japanese head massage and Ayurvedic Shirodhara therapy, with Western styling techniques. Our treatments not only promote a healthy scalp and hair, but they also help relieve stress and create a unique wellness experience that supports your physical and mental wellbeing.
2. Why is pure water important to you and your business?
Pure water is essential since we use water for our services. We put as much thought and care into the products and water we use for our Head Spa services as we do for the drinking water we serve to our customers.
3. Why did you decide to purchase AquaTru for your business?
First, it tastes great! But I ultimately purchased AquaTru because I care about the purity of my water for myself and my customers. When I did my research, I found that AquaTru purifiers are certified to NSF standards to remove over 80 contaminants.
I like the peace of mind knowing my water is clean and safe. The DIY, long-lasting filters were also a huge plus! I can easily change them myself and don’t need to pay someone to do it, keeping my costs down.
4. In honor of Small Business Saturday and shopping local, what are some of your favorite small businesses that you’ll be supporting?